Cargo Terminal Manager will be responsible for managing the existing cargo terminal operations, tenants, users and regulatory agencies at King Shaka International Airport and the TradeHouse. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to existing aviation legislation in terms of cargo operations, aviation security and aviation safety.
- Manage the Cargo Terminal Operations to service stakeholders at King Shaka International Airport.
- Compile and manage Cargo Terminal Operations budget.
- Monitor and ensure the cargo operations complies to Aviation Safety and Security Legislation and Regulation.
- Compile monthly reports, analysis trends and statistics on the air cargo business and associated activities.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive database on cargo volumes and throughputs (product, origins / destination, value, volume, etc.).
- Oversee and ensure the cargo terminal operations adheres to all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements (e.g. ICAO, IATA, CAA, NOSA, NASP, etc.).
Implement modern cargo operations.
- Compile monthly reports on the Cargo Terminal Operations.
- Manage effective service delivery and performance according to SLA’s signed with customers and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure effective procurement of goods and services in accordance with corporate Procurement policies and procedures.
- Effective management of employees and union relationships to ensure optimal efficiency and in line with corporate HR policies and procedures.
- Implement marketing and business development initiatives in line with strategic objectives for Cargo and in conjunction with corporate Marketing.
Business Development and Sales
- Increase the cargo volumes through support of business development initiatives.
- Draft Airline and Customer Standard Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements; including submissions to EXCO.
Cargo Operations Capacity Development
- Oversees and manages the operation and maintenance of the mechanical conveyor system between the Cargo Terminal Site and the TradeHouse, including the mechanical reticulation (conveyor) and lift maintenance.
- Manage and operate the 20-foot ULD Cargo Processing Facility.
- Manage and operate the cargo and ramp handling equipment and ensure the relevant licences, authorities and statutory permits required, are obtained and remain current.
- Management of Ramp Handling equipment.
Trade and Logistics Platform
- Oversee and operate the existing, integrated CargoSpot, ECS and AirRoad Cargo Management System, or similar systems.
- Develop and implement an integrated trade and logistics platform to generate information for a broader trading platform including a trade business process plan through an eMarket Portal.
- Develop and implement the integration of the ICM Cargo Management System, RFID system, CargoSpot system and Air Road Cargo Management system into an over-arching information management system in order to provide a fully integrated cargo management system to support dry and perishable air cargo.
- Manage and Operate the trade and logistics platform including the trade and AgriZone business functions and services for online trading, messaging platforms, the company portal, information management, content management and other related systems.
- Monitor and ensure security at the Cargo Terminal Site through the control of the road access to the site, control of access into the cargo building and the airside, operate the CCTV system, perform security screening for all employees and tenants, provide security guards, x-ray, metal detection services, internal spine area for the TradeHouse and perimeter security.
- Oversee and ensure that operations confirm to applicable customs and regulatory frameworks prescribed under legislation from time to time including PSIRA and minimum training standards, Civil Aviation Authority Standards, ICAO Codes and Standards, Annexure Part 108 and IATA procedures governing the handling of Air Cargo.
- Prepare and conduct regular customer satisfaction surveys, including response plans.
- Communication to clients to be accurate and regular.
- Monitor and ensure clients queries are correctly escalated, owned and managed.
- Conduct audits in the areas of aviation security and aviation safety ad provide audit reports with recommendations.
- Provide weekly, monthly reports on the pre-determined KPI’s.
- Manage and motivate staff to achieve maximum performance by training, mentoring & skills development.
- Monitor and ensure all Job Descriptions, Performance Agreements and Performance Assessments for staff are compiled, completed and finalised timeously.
- Plan for and manage all recruitment needs for area of responsibility.
- Ensures that the working environment contributes to improving staff morale and increasing productivity.
- Provides leadership that demonstrates the values of the company
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Behavioural Competencies Required
- Degree or equivalent in cargo management, logistics management or related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and global airfreight industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aviation industry.
- Certification in cargo operations.
- 5-8 years’ experience in cargo operations, aviation security and safety, and logistics of which at least 3 years should have been at middle management level.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of cargo operations and aviation safety and related legislation and regulations, including the Aviation Act and Civil Aviation Regulations.
- High level of computer proficiency in MS Office.
- Human Resource Management of employees at all levels.
- Budget Management.
To apply for this position, send your CV to Sasha Ramcharan- Hurlin on firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for application is 07Auhust 2022.
For more information about this position, go to Placement Partner