Development Lead role involves coordinating and managing the scoping, design, development and maintenance of all Front-end BAU and SEO related activities and assets the company manages. The successful candidate will also be responsible for driving efficiency and increasing the overall performance of those assets, including websites, landing pages and affiliates.
You will work within our newly established Centre of Excellence and be able to help build and grow our Insurance technology practice. You will be working with a number of fellow developers and technical experts who have a passion for delivering quality solutions for the Insurance applications.
Development Lead duties and responsibilities
- Designing, coding, testing and installing .NET applications programs across multiple
- Preparing and maintaining systems and program
- Assisting in the analysis and design of applications programs and
- Modifying and troubleshooting applications
- Collaborate with IT management, project or maintenance team members and other team members to evaluate, design, and provide technical solutions that support the architecture strategy and otherwise contribute to the delivery of cost-effective business solutions.
Development Lead knowledge, skills and attributes
Knowledge (acquired awareness and/or expertise)
- Developed skills in the .NET language, architecture and design
- In depth knowledge of .NET tools, including but not limited to .NET Framework, Visual NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and ADO.NET.
- Developed .NET architecture skills and the ability to transfer these to specific project deliverables
- Previous experience with Duck Creek software is considered a plus
Skills (acquired or inherent abilities)
- Proven experience with the design, development, modification and deployment of software using Agile methodology, source version control, and release management tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in terms less technical people can
Qualifications (Formal study undertaken and completed)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent degree
- Five or more years of developing software or web applications, including experience with an object-oriented language, are required.
- One or more years of insurance or financial industry background is
- Drive, motivation and innovative thinking
- Strong desire to help others achieve within a team environment
- Empathetic leadership ability with an uncompromising focus on results
- A desire to establish a Duck Creek practice from the ground up and shape it for the future
To apply for this role, email your CV to Merilyn Nonti at firstname.lastname@example.org
View more information on Placement Partner.