Development Lead position involves coordinating and managing the scoping, design, development, and maintenance of all Front-end Project related activities and assets the company.
The successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders, studio, digital producer (Project), project managers and other developers to deliver timely, high-quality outcomes. This also includes guiding the Front-end development team to ensure the level design and development delivered to the business enables it to continue to lead the market with innovation and agility.
- The following aspects of this role are indicative only and in no way limit the Company in allocating additional accountabilities (specific tasks, projects, or related activities) to the employee, within the scope of the employee’s level of competence, experience, knowledge, and qualification.
Website application development and deliver
- Action and oversee development for new and existing responsive landing pages, websites and STP applications.
- Perform and lead technical scoping to produce functional requirements and specifications for the team to follow and execute
- Apply logic and analysis to understand the cause of problems and to identify the best solution taking into account the impact on stakeholders and others involved.
- Help others, provide assistance with minimal direction, and communicate effectively to ensure all expectations are met.
- Merge code and prepare releases for deployment, outside of business hours, ensuring minimal disruption to the business.
- Rollback releases when problems arise, and testing does not pass.
- Perform line management, facilitate personal development and be an example to the other developers.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead team projects and otherwise offer leadership during periods of business change and growth.
- Demonstrate the ability to set high quality coding and process standards that have the support of the team and reflect industry benchmarks
- Manage team resources and help raise skills in the team to deliver required outcomes.
- Communicate effectively to the team, drive good documentation, and help relate our practices and processes, so that the benefits are understood
Prototyping, research, and innovation
- Research new and upcoming technologies, frameworks, and trends
- Develop innovative ways to share/capture information
- Learn and improve current skills in Web development
- Propose and prototype new technologies and solutions
Code Quality and Testing
- Ensure cross-browser/device/platform functional compatibility testing is carried out
- Peer review development work to ensure quality control and workflows are adhered to
- Define & adhere to performance budgets, completing page speed analysis checks and code optimisations.
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
- Excellent consultation and communication skills
- Tertiary level qualifications (e.g., bachelor’s degree or higher) in a relevant computer science discipline.
- At least 5 years front-end web development
- Strong corporate web design/development experience ideally within the financial services space
- Working knowledge of web design and development tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sublime Text and Visual Studio
- Experience working with Content Management Systems
- Experience developing responsive websites for mobile devices
- Understanding of SEO requirements and techniques
- Experience using GIT for version control, and familiarity with Gitflow
- Experience using automated task runners and bundlers, such as Gulp or Grunt
- Ability to translate creative concepts and design templates into flexible code templates
- Excellent understanding of website usability, accessibility, security, and information architecture
- Analytical skills as well as being in touch with the latest developments in search strategy and the latest trends in online behaviour
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level attention to detail and the ability to produce organised, tidy, and well-documented code
- Ability to manage workflow under pressure
- Previous team leadership or management experience
- Experience working in ASP.Net Razor and C#
- Wireframing/Design skills
- Experience working with a headless CMS such as Kentico Kontent
- Experience using JIRA or other products in the Atlassian suite
- Understanding and appreciation of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to code efficiently and effectively.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of web production in a multi-project, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to develop websites which are cross-browser and cross-platform compatible
- Ability to master the latest trends in web development, accessibility, and SEO
To apply for this role, email your CV to Merilyn Nonti at email@example.com
View more information on Placement Partner