Employee Benefits Specialist (Sales- SMEs) will be responsible for selling the company’s world-first SME group life / employee benefits solution to South African SMEs.
What we’re looking for:
Employee benefits (EB) have traditionally been the domain of large corporates, with employees of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) left to fend for themselves. The company’s digital group life product has changed all that – SMEs can now buy life, disability and / or funeral cover cover for their staff in a matter of minutes. And the company takes care of a lot of the follow-up admin, too.
We’re looking for passionate, tech-savvy consultants to sell a world-first SME group life / employee benefits solution to South African SMEs. The role is well-suited to self-motivated individuals looking to make money and add value to their customers from wherever they are based. Responsibilities would include working with the product team to develop the SME proposition.
About the company:
The company is an FSP and cutting-edge insurance technology company that designs and sells great value, simple life insurance products in South Africa. The business has a strong sense of purpose and has always aspired to do good while doing well.
We have three products:
Family Cover – life, physical disability and family funeral cover combo’s for individuals
Staff Cover – innovative group schemes product specifically targeting SMEs and comprising life, occupational disability and family funeral cover, plus a 24/7 counselling service, for their employees
Domestic Cover – life, physical disability and funeral cover for domestic workers, bought and paid for by their employers
All of our products are available online, with no paperwork or physical medical tests required.
What you’ll do
- Generate leads via own networks and online platforms
- Market the company’s Staff Cover to own leads and leads generated by the marketing team
- Sell the company’s Staff Cover via the the company broker portal – providing follow up and support as required
- Cross-sell / up-sell cover to employees of SMEs – presenting on-site if required
- Test and improve sales and delivery models, including online channels like Teams and Zoom
- Provide first line support to customers as required
- Keep up to date with competitor products and service offerings
- Work with the company’s product team to continuously improve the customer value proposition
Who you are
- Self-motivated and determined
- Inspired to make a positive difference
- Tech-savvy and comfortable engaging online and face to face
- Organised and disciplined
- Strong networking and marketing skills
- Minimum 5 years’ EB sales / consulting experience
- Insurance qualification of at least RE1 or RE5
- Bonus: degree / diploma in a relevant field
Location and remuneration
- Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban (other areas may be considered)
- Competitive, market related basic salary
- Commission linked to achievement of sales targets
To apply for this role, email your CV to Sara Malahlela at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the role, go to Placement Partner