Senior Manager: Learning and Development will be responsible to enable the achievement of the company strategy through capacity building and skills development of employee’s and community by increasing forestry-training offerings, which will further contribute to combatting poverty and unemployment in communities.
The successful candidate will be based in Tshwane, Gauteng.
Strategy Formulation & Execution:
- Develop the company’s Learning/Training and Development Capacity
- Building or Skills Development strategy that will support business through the development of employees’ skills and empowering communities.
- Translate Human Capital strategy into Capacity Building and Skills Development plan and facilitate execution thereof.
- Establish an Academy of Excellence which will assist in professionalising the forestry sector through quality training and development.
- Lead Learning and Development initiatives of the Company employees at all levels and Leadership capacity development programmes.
- Support Government skills development initiatives and serve the broader industry by developing a forestry talent pool.
- Provide training interventions and graduate programmes to the adjacent communities giving priority to land claimants, women, youth, people living with disabilities and contractors within the Company value chain.
- Drive transformation through prioritising previously disadvantaged groups (Youth, Women and PWD’s).
- Ensure capacity and skills development of training instructors to ensure they meet minimum SETA requirement.
Training Quality Assurance
- Develop the Company’s Forestry Academy Training Quality Assurance Framework (TQAF).
- Ensure compliance of training programmes with the National Qualification Framework (NQF) and training standards.
- Maintain the Company accreditation with FP&M SETA and facilitate the extension of scope to other SETA’s.
- Ensure training material is updated, accredited, and aligned to SAQA Units Standards.
- Ensure registrations of the Company Assessors and Moderators.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Company Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) and Annual Training Report( ATR).
- Oversee the training implementation plan and PIVOTAL plan.
- Oversee the payment of Skills Development Levies (SDL) and claim Discretionary and Mandatory Grants.
- Monitor and ensure compliance through Quarterly Monitoring Reports (QMR).
- Develop and implement Training Quality Management System (QMS)
- Identify accredited and registered programmes to address gaps identified.
- A Post Graduate Degree or equivalent NQF 8 qualification
- Human Resources Development/ Training & Development or similar qualification
- Qualified Assessor & Moderator
- A minimum of 8 years’ intensive experience in Learning/Training and Development environment or other similar position of which 3 years of experience is at senior management level
- Envisaged candidate is expected to display a great deal of knowledge to manage the Training and Development Department, which includes strategy development and projects management
- General understanding of Human Capital value chain
- Understanding of employee learning and learning technologies and e-learning platforms Understanding of employee learning and learning technologies and e-learning platforms
- Ability to design and produce relevant training materials including e-learning courses
- Significant experience with effective learning and development methods
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Experience with working with SETA’s / ETQA and SAQA
- BBBEE Legislation
To apply, send your CV via email to Ms Thembi Nkosi to: email@example.com
For more information about this role, go to Placement Partner
If you have not been contacted for an interview within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.