Software Engineer (Customer Communications Management) position involves having primary responsibility on application development to deliver ongoing operational and business initiative outcomes. You will also be providing software development technical expertise to support your team to deliver services and changes.
The successful candidate will have an initial focus in customer communications management (CCM) space, covering various document/correspondence related platforms.
Duties and responsibilities
The key focus areas of this role are:
- Create, update, and implement a range of high-quality customer correspondence using CCM toolset to specifications within the necessary timescales and always adhering to development.
- Conduct testing of code and design using unit test cases to ensure that the correspondence and related control file output(s) produced from the CCM process meet the requirements of business rules and layout.
- Consult and update internal technical documentation, developers’ references, and knowledge sharing.
- Triage and undertake root-cause analysis of support incidents.
- Identify, analyse, and support resolution of CCM application.
- Develop good understanding of CCM.
- Collaborate with product owner and team members to develop solutions that are fit for purpose and align to the enterprise CCM.
- Work collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders to implement and to deploy.
Your knowledge, skills and attributes
Knowledge acquired awareness and/or expertise
- 3+ years of experience in software development using CCM toolsets, including using document template.
- Solid experience using CCM or document generation software packages (EngageOne and Docmosis are highly regarded).
- Solid experience in developing using complex data types (e.g., XML, XSD).
- Solid experience in data file analysis/processing and data field.
- Solid experience with using and updating batch.
- Solid experience with programming concepts, such as conditions and variables.
- Good expertise with HTML.
- Good expertise with image/graphic.
- Good understanding of data structures and integrations (e.g., API and file-based integrations).
- Good experience in Agile framework supporting CI/CD.
- Industry / business knowledge of the Australian Insurance market (preferably with experience of General Insurance) is highly.
Skills acquired awareness and/or expertise
- Strong skills in communications composition using packaged designer.
- Strong skills in manipulating data from various sources / formats g., flat files, relational databases, non-relational databases, XML, JSON, etc.
- Strong development skills with EngageOne, Docmosis or equivalent document related.
- Ability to explain complex solutions to less technical or experienced.
- Familiarity with CI/CD toolset such as Azure.
- Familiarity with modern work tracking toolset (e.g., Azure Boards, Jira).
- Strong passion for customer communications management or document management applications with design.
- Able to respond to changing priorities and rapidly evolving requirements that may have a direct impact on services.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build rapport.
- Critical thinking, ability to challenge ideas constructively and suggest possible.
- Business-minded, pragmatic and result-oriented with sound data reasoning skills and the ability to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Collaborative, flexible with a can-do attitude – team focus with the ability to show initiative and do what needs to be done to help deliver team.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with dispersed.
- Ability to work independently as well as working well within a team and the ability to manage own.
Qualifications (Formal study undertaken and completed)
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or related Technology discipline.
- CCM related certificated.
To apply for this role, email your CV to Merilyn Nonti at firstname.lastname@example.org
View more information on Placement Partner