A vacancy exists for a Chief Executive Officer at South African Tourism. This position reports to the Chairperson of the South African Tourism Board. If you are a South African citizen, possess the required skills, experience and are an energetic team player interested in joining a dynamic organisation committed to developing a better South Africa, we invite you to apply.
South African Tourism requires the services of a dynamic individual who will fit into its stimulating culture and add value to its vision of making South Africa one of the most preferred Leisure and Business Events destinations in the world. The suitable candidate must be a results-driven, credible, and strategic individual with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. The candidate must have strong business acumen, creative flair and must be able to manage multi-faceted stakeholder relationships against a political business background to make South Africa a tourism destination of choice.
Reporting to the Chairperson of the South African Tourism Board, the successful candidate will take responsibility for the following critical performance areas:
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the organisation including team building.
- Manage individual executives and the executive team performance within the organisation.
- Support the National Tourism Sector Strategy through a marketing strategy that exploits South Africa’s competitive advantage.
- Ensure sustainable growth in international tourist arrivals through leisure tourism marketing and business events.
- Ensure increased focus on domestic tourism marketing linked to the Tourism Recovery Plan.
- Ensure contribution towards increased GDP growth and job creation.
- Facilitate and support the transformation agenda of the tourism industry.
- Ensure tourism quality assurance enhances the consumer brand experience.
- Communicate, network and build strategic partnerships with all relevant tourism stakeholders in government and industry both locally and abroad.
- Ensure that South African Tourism operates according to international best practice and maintains good governance through prudent financial management, as well as ensuring compliance with the Public Finance Management Act and all other legislation affecting South African Tourism.
- A recognised Bachelor’s Degree.
- A recognised post-graduate qualification, preferably Masters or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years proven experience at senior management, including 5 years at executive-level.
- Public Service/Public entities experience at senior management level will be an added advantage.
- An understanding of the tourism industry (Government Policy and Private Sector Stakeholder landscape) will be an added advantage
- Understanding of the Government reporting processes and financial management regime.
The successful incumbent will also possess the following attributes:
- General management and business acumen.
- General Financial Management Skills.
- Self-motivation with innovative leadership and excellent people management capabilities.
- Ability to generate and maintain a creative and conducive working environment for employees.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts effectively to various stakeholders
- Agility – to respond to external changes.
Candidates who meet the above requirements and share our values are urged to apply.
For this exciting and challenging position, the incumbent will receive a competitive remuneration package, linked to a signed performance agreement.
The closing date for applications is 12 March 2021
Enquiries to: Thembi Nkosi, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your detailed CV to: email@example.com
- SA Tourism is committed to the implementation of its Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- If you have not received a response within two (2) weeks of the closing date, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful.