The purpose of the job is to perform the role of a Business Analyst for the Trading, Investments and Risk Systems used within the Company environment. The Company uses vendor solutions and internally built systems that require improvement overtime. The Business Analyst will be responsible for managing the improvements and will be deployed on special projects and feature teams as and when required by the business. This role is for our client in the financial services sector based in Johannesburg.
- Develop/configure front end and back-end portions of a trading and risk management systems used by traders and the client in the financial markets (Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange Derivatives, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities, Structured Products)
- Participate in the rapid development of pricing and risk tools
- Utilise strong inter-personal/communication skills to ensure that an acceptable level of service is delivered to customers
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
- Strong analytical skills to document changes to workflows and systems and understand the impact of those changes
- Implementation and documentation of business processes to enhance the integrity and accuracy of reporting
- Document Business Requirements for development, Integration documentation for information flows within the business.
- Documentation of Processes and enhancements to Processes, and handing over of the deliverable to the Business as Usual function
- Data analysis and mapping, Gap analysis
Any relevant tertiary qualification (degree) in Finance/Actuarial Science/Information Systems/Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Must have a good understanding of financial products in the South African market
- Must have experience with the configuration and maintenance of trading systems
- Derivatives exposure would be beneficial
- Exposure to the insurance industry would be beneficial
- Must understand market data concepts as well as pricing concepts
- Understanding of financial products in the South African market
Job related Skills
- Experience in testing changes, documenting results and implementing
- Experience regarding middleware solutions and the development life cycle from requirements gathering, documentation, development and release to production.
- Databases and programming
- Clear Documentation of Requirements
- Market data curves and conventions
- Pricing calculations and application
- Strong problem solving ability
Interpersonal / Personal Competencies
- Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Resilience and Drive
- Innovation and Resourcefulness
To apply for this role, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The due date for applications is 16 March 2023.
For more information about this role, go to Placement Partner.