Head of HR Southern Africa (South Africa and Angola) will be responsible for to providing human resources organisational leadership to ensure compliance with the country’s labour legislation. The successful candidate will be a custodian for human resources development, alignment and implementation of strategies to create a conducive business environment for the company.
Purpose (why the job exists)
- HR (functional) coordination role for the Brits location
- Provide Human Resources organisational leadership to ensure compliance with the country’s Labour Legislation.
- Lead the development and/or maintenance in implementing and communicating HR policies and procedures to ensure there is compliance and consistency in the application thereof in line with overall the Company HR policies and procedures
- To facilitate the development of processes that promote sound working relationship between all internal stakeholders.
- Lead and support the Human Resources team in the provision of all HR services for all employees and management
- Develop and/or maintain a functional HR administration RASCI that support all internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Provide expert guidance & service, sound HR leadership advice to the management team, employees and the trade union in the application of HR policies and to help managers to make the best and correct decisions on employee matters
- Management of subordinates performance in line with the Bosch performance management system and take corrective action including discipline where necessary
- Responsible for the management of Human Resources budget
- Ensure coaching, guidance, training and development of the HR team in line with identified training needs
- Responsible for the implementation of Transformation initiatives
- Determining and implement the strategic direction of the local HR function in support of the HR Africa strategy and Company’s Corporate directives
- Lead Talent Management topics such as Mentoring, Succession pipelines and Leadership development
- Business partnering in support in organisational development initiatives for different Business units and for RBSA
- Representing HR in Exco meetings
- Benchmarking and Best practice
- Oversee all Recruitment & Selection services
- Oversee the facilitation and assimilation of new hires by ensuring implementation of Induction programmes
- Support and advise on all Labour Relations matters and ensure record keeping of all necessary documentation, which include but not limited to Dispute resolution and Disciplinary processes
- Monitor and report on IR trends both internally & externally Manage and report on current issues such as monitoring performance management, discipline, disputes, grievances and status thereof, etc.
Health & Safety
- In conjunction with Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager ensure that regular meetings
- are held, safety representatives are elected and trained as per legislation.
- Responsible for managing the scope of work of the Company Psychologist, analysis of the monthly report and risk management
- Liaise with Facility Management on relevant issues
- Employee Wellness
- Manage and ensure the delivery of the company’s Disease
- Management Programme, including regular review and reporting on the progress, appointment of service provider, legal
- Manage and ensure relevant policies and programmes, such HIV/AIDS, Awareness campaigns are implemented, monitored and reported to management
- Manage Corporate Social Responsibility activities in consultation with Management Skills Development/Employment Equity
- Manage and implement all Transformation activities which include Employment Equity initiatives in line with overall RBSA objectives by setting and pursuing targets and reporting internally
- Provide support at all times when required to the Training Manager and ensure that training interventions are conducted in collaboration with Management
- Lead and support in Training and Development initiatives
- Oversee Graduate and Internship programmes in support of talent pipeline Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)
- Manage and actively support implementation of all B-BBEE activities in line with objectives set targets and liaisons with external consultants on all B-BBEE initiatives
- Keep abreast of new development from DTI and make recommendation to Management
- Keep up-to-date record of actions i.e. minutes (Open Points List) and advise Management of risks identified
- Provide regular reports and presentations at Management meetings such as current scorecard, and annual target scorecards
- Participate in the B-BBEE Steering Committee activities and meetings and keep minutes
General Human Resources Administration
- Ensure all employee movements including internal transfers, promotions and new engagements, are processed promptly, procedurally and are processed to Payroll timeously
- Draft and ensure all relevant HR & Labour Legislation Notices are on Notice Boards
- Keep abreast of Wellness and Retirement cases Organisational Development
- Lead in OD initiatives
- Anticipate organisational changes and develop appropriate initiatives to support business changes in a timeous manner
- Ensure alignment of local organisational structures to Divisional blue prints
- Manage execution of employee surveys and Leadership feedback surveys to support business transformation and development
- Develop communication strategy to ensure relevant information is communicated to business and relevant stakeholders
- Oversee updates of Bosch Global Network (intranet) pages
Education, experience, skills
- Minimum, 4 year Qualification in HR
- NQF Level 6
- Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- MS Office
- SAP/ HR systems
- 12 – 15 years experience in HR environment (operational & strategic)
- Proven track record of at least 10 years in Senior/Strategic Business Partnering in a multi national company
- Experience on cross border projects, business with an international company
- Decision making on complex HR matters
- Ability and experience in managing standardized HR processes
- Managing staff and ensuring HR deliverables are met.
To apply for this role, email your CV to email@example.com
For more information about the role, go to Placement Partner
If you have not been contacted for an interview within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.