The IT Development Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the IT Development team.
The successful candidate will also be tasked with maintaining the standards of the division to enhance the image of the company, ensure all technical aspects and administrative functions within the division is adhered to, contribute to the growth and profitability of the company and conduct ongoing research into issues affecting development in business systems at the company.
- Technical : Development – 50-60%;Following up with team members, ensure work gets done on time and correctly;
- Code reviews ;Agile / Scrum – Sprint planning ; Agile / Scrum – running daily stand-ups ; Manage team output and workload; accountability for the Development systems domain(s) on the Microsoft stack – new products, enhancements and quality management
- Following up with stakeholders to ensure requirements are delivered on time and up to standard
- Employee growth: Actively engage with business systems team on their career development and training requirements.
- Making assignment: Giving explanation of quantity, quality and amount of time used to team members, ensuring the assignment is understood and receiving commitment from team members.
- Giving direction: Work prioritization and assignment for development team members giving explanation on the method / process required to complete tasks.
- Follow up and providing feedback: Following up on regular intervals and provide constructive feedback about the team member’s progress and performance
- Coaching and support: Providing informal and formal coaching support to team.
- Problem solving: Assisting staff in resolving complex problems while ensuring adherence to standards & objectives
- Reporting: Provide necessary reporting on financial and operational indicators relating to business systems. Provide feedback (reporting) to senior management on achievements,
- Variance Management: Adhere to standards set by Hollard. Provide action plans and follow up with corrective actions to all variances.
- Implement and oversee DevOps standards are adhered to and implemented.
- Work management through Agile tool sets
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years development experience (3 of which have been in leading a team of developers)
- SQL Skills
- Security awareness
- DevOps skills
- Agile Skills and certification.
- Development in Microsoft stack (.net)
To apply for this role, send your CV to Sasha Ramcharan- Hurlin on email@example.com
For more information about this role, go to Placement Partner