Managing Director will be responsible for implementing the company’s strategy with a view to transform and effectively position the Company to be a lead Government ICT organisation that will enable public sector service delivery within its mandate. This is the next big role…, dust off your Cv and email it to our search team asap.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Lead the development of the company‘s short and long-term strategy as mandated by the Board;
- Drive overall ICT service delivery in a digitally transforming public sector;
- Oversee overall re-purposing of the company in alignment with board and shareholder directives, ensuring the financial sustainability of the organization;
- Strategic Stakeholder Relationship Management with shareholder, government entities and public;
- Executive oversight for Enterprise Risk, Fiduciary Risk, Legal, Governance and Compliance; and
- Overall Executive Team Performance Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Master’s Degree (NQF Level 9 qualification) in Business Management or Engineering or Public Administration/Management or ICT/IT-related field.
- 12 to 15 years’ executive experience in an ICT-related business, with a proven track record at effectively leading a national, multi-person executive management team.
- Relevant experience as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Chief Operating Officer (COO) or Chief Information Officer (CIO) or an equivalent role in a medium-sized organisation.
- Experience in the Executive Management of a State-Owned Entity (or dealing with the public sector) is advantageous
- 12 years in an Executive Management role in a transformational position including exposure to the following:
- Strategic Management and Leadership (driving strategic capability).
- Strategic Financial Management (ensuring financial sustainability).
- Strategic Project Management (driving corporate performance).
- Strategic Public Management.
- Strategic People Management.
Technical Competencies Description
- Companies Act; Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP); Treasury Regulations; PFMA; KING III and IV; Internal and external financial audit procedures; Financial management systems and processes; Revenue management strategies; Corporate financial law and risk management practices; Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods; Significant focus on driving decisions through data analytics; Legal and financial /Fiduciary understanding and knowledge; Business partnership; Vendor management – ability to negotiate contracts; Complex stakeholder management.
- Business Analysis, Business Continuity, Business Development, Business Writing, Customer Advocacy Management (Consultancy), Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, IT Programme and Project Management, IT Service Management, Research & Innovation, IT Risk Management, Contract management, Supply Chain Management, Corporate Governance.
Strategic capability and leadership, Customer Experience, Collaboration, Communicating and Influencing, Outcomes driven, Planning and Organising, Creative Problem Solving, Managing People and Driving Performance, Decision-making, Responding to Change and Pressure, Honesty and Integrity.
Interested candidates must send their CV’s to email@example.com
The position of Managing Director was advertised on the 1st of June 2022 and on the Sunday Times on the 5th of June 2022 with the closing date of 14th June 2022. Those who have already submitted their application need not to reapply.
If you have not been contacted for an interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
For more information about this role, go to Placement Partner